The information we collect about you will be used for the purpose(s) of:
- Calculating your correct liability of Council Tax and/or Non Domestic Rates
The lawful basis for the processing of your information is to perform a task in the public interest or the exercise of official authority provided by the legislation below. Where special category data is processed the lawful basis shall be UKGDPR Article 9 (2) g) Reasons of substantial public interest with a basis in law (legislation as below). The public interest processing condition shall be 6 (statutory and government purposes).
- Local Government Finance Act 1988 & 1992
- (Contracting Out of Tax Billing, Collection and Enforcement Functions) Order 1996
- The prevention or detection of crime, including false representation in accordance with the Fraud Act 2006
If you do not give us the information we need when we ask for it, this may result in you being liable to pay the incorrect level of Council Tax and/or Non Domestic Rates.
We may collect the following types of personal data about you to deliver this service, depending on your circumstances:
Name and/or business name;
National Insurance Number;
Your family composition;
Your social circumstances;
Your financial circumstances;
Information about your health;
Any other relevant information in order to process any relief or discount
To provide this service, we collect information directly from you but may also receive information from the following sources:
Other Council departments;
Other Government agencies such as the Department of Work and Pensions, HM Revenues and Customs, Police and other Councils;
Employers (where an attachment order applies)
The types of personal data which may be obtained are as above.
Your information will not be transferred outside the United Kingdom.
We may share your information with the following recipients depending on your circumstances:
- Other Council departments (Parking Services)
- Other Government agencies such as other Councils, HM Revenues and Customs, Police, National Fraud Initiative, Welsh Audit Office
- Partner organisations such as Citizens Advice Bureau, Age Cymru or any other organisation acting on your behalf
- Collection Agents (Andrew James Enforcement and Excel Civil Enforcement
- County Court
- IT Software Support partners – any access will only be for resolving any technical issues with our systems and any viewing of data will be incidental
There are also other specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
• Where the Council is required to provide the information by law
• Where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime
• Where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned