We collect and use your personal information to enable us to provide educational and training services to you.
Your data is processed on the basis of the Authority’s public task and in accordance with a legal obligation that we are subject to under Section 8 of the Education Act 1996.
With respect to our provision of digital communications to you, processing is conducted on the basis of your consent. . You can opt out of this at any time, by contacting staff at the Learning Centre or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not give us the information we need when we ask for it, this may result in you not being able to access our collections, copy our collections or volunteer at the Archives.
We collect the following types of personal data about you to deliver this service:
- Unique reference number;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Emergency contact details;
- Employment and education details;
- CCTV footage
Additionally there is data about volunteers which is defined as special category data. Providing this data is optional and includes:
- Health details
If you register to undertake volunteering opportunities with us, we will request a reference. Otherwise, we do not use information collated from other sources.
Your information will not be transferred outside the United Kingdom.
We share your information with the following recipients:
- Ceredigion County Council’s ICT Service if a service is needed such as access to network computer for volunteers
- Other ‘places of deposit’ if your deposit/donation would be more suitably placed with them. Your consent to do this will have been requested on the Deposit and Donation Form
However, there are also specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
- Where the Council is required to provide the information by law
- Where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime
- Where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned