Ceredigion County Council’s Data Protection team and Information and Records Management teams carry out the Authority’s corporate records managmenet functions and are responsible for organisational compliance the the UK data protection legislation. In order to carry out these functions we process personal data in the manner noted below.
The information we collect about you will be used for the purpose(s) of:
- Administration of Subject Access Requests made under the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Ensuring organisational compliance with the data protection legislation, including administration of subject access requests, enforcement of data subject’s rights, and administration of the corporate records retention policy.
The lawful basis for the processing of your information is:
Performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
Compliance with legal obligations as set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 and UKGDPR.
For the processing of special category data the lawful basis is
Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest. The processing condition shall be
6. Statutory and government purposes
If you do not give us the information we need when we ask for it, this may result in our being unable to provide you with a service, provide support, guidance or assistance with respect to your request, or result in your request being rendered invalid.
We may collect the following types of personal data about you to deliver this service, depending on your circumstances:
Date of birth;
In responding to subject access requests we may process any data on you held by the Ceredigion County Council.
To provide this service, we collect information directly from you but also receive information from any relevant department of Ceredigion County Council.
The following types of personal data may be obtained, depending on your circumstances:
Date of birth;
Unique reference number;
Your family composition;
Your social circumstances;
Your financial circumstances;
Employment and education details;
Your housing needs;
Vehicle registration number;
Information about your health;
Your racial or ethnic origin;
Religious or philosophical beliefs;
Trade union membership;
Information about your sex life or sexual orientation;
Criminal convictions and offences; etc.
Your information will not be transferred outside the United Kingdom.
We may share your information with the following recipients depending on your circumstances:
- Information may be shared within any department of Ceredigion County Council.
- Information Commissioner’s Office
There are also other specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
Where the Council is required to provide the information by law
• Where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime
• Where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned