All dry recyclable materials must be placed loose into the bag. Do not place separately bagged items into your clear recycling bag. Recycling Bags are available from Community Recycling Hubs.
Items that can be put in your clear recycling bag:
- Paper – all types including newspapers, magazines, directories, writing paper, junk mail, etc
- Cardboard – boxes and packets
- Food and drink cartons - cartons for soup, milk and juice
- Food tins, drinks cans, pet food tins, aerosols and aluminium foil
- Plastics - Bottles, tubs, trays, pots, polystyrene, bags and film. Look out for the following symbols on plastic items all of which are acceptable in the clear recycling bag
* Please wash out all items that have been used as packaging for food or drink.
Please note, the following items should not be put in your clear recycling bag:
- Glass bottles and jars
- Crisp packets / chocolate wrappers
- Greaseproof paper
- Tissue paper
- Electrical items
- Food waste
- Garden waste