There are many different ways in which you can help reduce waste. The best way to do this is to follow the three Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
To help us cut down on the amount we send to landfill sites and to help protect the environment for our future generations we need your help. Can you reduce the amount of waste you generate?
- Use your own shopping bags/boxes instead of plastic carrier bags
- Buy non-perishable goods in bulk and use refillable containers wherever possible
- Shred newspapers for animal bedding or make briquettes out of newspaper
- Return returnable bottles
- If possible, buy milk from a local milk round in returnable bottles
- Lobby your AM/MP to help tackle excessive product packaging
- Reuse paper as scrap
- Reuse envelopes by attaching labels
- Give unwanted clothes and household items to charities, junk shops or jumble sales
- Many unwanted household items, in good condition, can be taken to reuse shops
- There are a number of re-use organisations in Ceredigion. More information on re-use organisations can be found under the Campaigns tab.
- Most materials are recyclable. More information on recycling can be found in the A to Z of waste.
- Compost your kitchen and garden waste at home
- Create a demand for recycled products using your consumer power. Try to buy recycled goods when shopping, or goods which can be recycled
Find out how to reduce, reuse and recycle your waste and save money. Plus find out about recycling in your area: www.recycleforwales.org.uk.