Coronavirus: Waste Service (updated 1 June 2020)
In light of the quickly changing situation of the Coronavirus, the following will apply regarding the waste service.
- The Council will continue in the efforts to provide core waste collection services as advertised.
- Priority will be given to residual (black bag), food and Absorbent Hygiene Product (AHP) collections.
- If it is not possible to provide collections as advertised, please take your waste back in and await further information.
- Please help us to protect our waste collection staff by taking the following steps:
- Placing all personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths in your black bag and tying the bag.
- Double bagging all waste at this time.
- Household Waste Sites, will be reopened shortly for essential use only. Find out more at www.ceredigion.gov.uk/householdwastesite
- The Bulky Household Waste and Garden Waste collection services remain suspended until further notice.
- As of close on Friday 20 March 2020 the Council will not be accepting new requests for glass boxes or food caddies until further notice.
Ceredigion County Council provides regular collections of household waste from all domestic properties in Ceredigion.
Presentation and collection of domestic waste
- All waste should be presented on the morning of collection prior to 8am
- If you are new to the area please contact us for a recycling pack
The Council will aim to provide all waste collections. Any service disruptions will be advertised on the website www.ceredigion.gov.uk/servicedisruptions.
The waste collection service is usually provided between 8am and 4pm, however there may be occasions where we work outside these hours. Please therefore do not report a missed bin until the day after your scheduled collection. Thank you
What day are my collections?
You can use our Postcode Search
You can contact us in the following ways:
Our Online Contact Form
Highways and Environmental Services