You will be eligible to receive the allowance on behalf of your child/children if BOTH the following criteria apply: -
1. The pupils (aged 4+) attend schools under the jurisdiction of Ceredigion Education Authority on a full-time basis
2. The pupils live with a parent, partner or legal guardian currently receiving either:
- Income Support; or
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance; or
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IR); or
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
PLEASE NOTE: If you receive Working Tax Credit you do not qualify; or
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Application and Renewals
In the first instance please complete an application form.
Other ways to apply
Contact the Education Authority (01970 633650) and your claim can be processed immediately over the phone. Initial and ongoing checks to confirm your eligibility will be made using your National Insurance Number and Date of Birth so renewals, in these cases, should be automatic once your claim is processed.
Where checks are impossible or inconclusive we will ask you to provide documentary proof.
Changes in Circumstances
If your circumstances change then you will need to inform the Education Authority immediately. In instances where claimants fail to notify the Authority of changes that affect their children's entitlement to free school meals, the Authority reserves the right to take suitable action.