A Ceredigion Incident Management Team is in place to respond to number of cases of Covid-19 in the County. Ceredigion County Council is working closely with partner organisations including Hywel Dda University Health Board, Public Health Wales, Dyfed-Powys Police and Aberystwyth Univeristy to contain the spread of the virus. But we need everyone’s help.
Remember the basics to keep yourself and other people safe:
- Keep a 2 metre social distance.
- Limit your social contact.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Wear a face covering in indoor public spaces and on public transport. This excludes children under 11 years old.
The full guidance is available on the Welsh Government’s website.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature: this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
- a new, continuous cough: this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste: this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
People should also be aware of other symptoms early on, such as headaches, tiredness and general aches and pains usually associated with the flu.
If you develop any of these symptoms, you should not leave your home unless it’s to go for a test.
You and your whole household must self-isolate immediately for 10 days from when your symptoms started. You can only come out of self-isolation earlier than this if your test result is negative.
All the latest information for students can be found on Aberystwyth University’s website. This includes the control measure which are being put in place across the campus.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases at Aberystwyth University can also be found on the university's website: Covid-19 case numbers.
UWTSD: Lampeter Campus
All the latest information for students can be found here: Coronavirus News
General information for students
The latest guidance for students is available on the Welsh Government's website: Coronavirus guidance for students
If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, you must self-isolate and book a test immediately.
You can do this on the Welsh Government's website: Book a Coronavirus test or by calling 119.
The COVID-19 drive-through and walk-in facility is located at Canolfan Rheidol, Llanbadarn Fawr, Aberystwyth, SY23 3UE. You will need to book a test before attending.
Make sure when booking your test that you select the option you need (for example, only book the walk-in centre if you are not able to travel in your own vehicle to the drive-through facility). If you attend the walk-in centre you must wear a face covering.
University students with COVID-19 symptoms, when booking a test, are required to provide the temporary local address they are living at while they are students at Aberystwyth University and not their usual home address.
Do not turn up without booking first as it will not be possible to accommodate you without an appointment. More information about the testing facilities is available on Hywel Dda University Health Board's website.
Welsh Government guidance for students in Wales: