A Ceredigion Incident Management Team is in place to respond to clusters of COVID-19 cases in the county. Ceredigion County Council is working closely with partner organisations including Hywel Dda University Health Board, Public Health Wales, Dyfed-Powys Police and Aberystwyth University to contain the spread of the virus. But we need everyone’s help.
Remember the basics to keep yourself and other people safe:
- Get vaccinated with both jabs and the booster.
- Outdoors is safer than indoors.
- Do a lateral flow test before seeing others.
- Self-isolate and get tested if you have symptoms.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Wear a face covering where needed.
The full guidance is available on the Welsh Government’s website.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature: this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
- a new, continuous cough: this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste: this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
People should also be aware of other symptoms early on, such as headaches, tiredness and general aches and pains usually associated with the flu.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, you should self-isolate and take a lateral flow test (LFT)
You can order LFTs online or call 119 between 7am and 11pm (calls are free)
Continue to self-isolate until you get your LFT test result.
Read the full guidance on self-isolation on the Welsh Government's website.
All the latest information for students can be found on Aberystwyth University’s website. This includes the control measure which are being put in place across the campus.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases at Aberystwyth University can also be found on the university's website: Covid-19 case numbers.
UWTSD: Lampeter Campus
All the latest information for students can be found here: Coronavirus News
General information for students
Welsh Government guidance for students in Wales: Coronavirus rules and students: guidance.
If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, you must self-isolate and book a test immediately.
You can do this on the Welsh Government's website: Book a Coronavirus test or by calling 119.
The COVID-19 drive-through and walk-in facility is located at Canolfan Rheidol, Llanbadarn Fawr, Aberystwyth, SY23 3UE. You will need to book a test before attending.
Make sure when booking your test that you select the option you need (for example, only book the walk-in centre if you are not able to travel in your own vehicle to the drive-through facility). If you attend the walk-in centre you must wear a face covering.
University students with COVID-19 symptoms, when booking a test, are required to provide the temporary local address they are living at while they are students at Aberystwyth University and not their usual home address.
Do not turn up without booking first as it will not be possible to accommodate you without an appointment. More information about the testing facilities is available on Hywel Dda University Health Board's website.