If you would like any recipes used in the menus please contact: Gill Jones on 07794 627915. Wherever possible we endeavour to source our ingredients locally...
We cater for a wide range of special dietary requirements and offer vegetarian options on a daily basis; current customer requirements are varied to include vegan, coeliac, soya, halal and diabetic.
We also provide meals to pupils with allergens and/or intolerances to specific products. The Food Standards Agency’s website has established a list of 14 allergens:
- Sulphur dioxide at levels above 10mg/kg, or 10mg/litre, expressed as SO2
In the event that your child has a requirement for a special diet and/or has an allergy/intolerance to any of the above listed allergens, we ask you to inform the catering staff at the school immediately so that suitable meals can be planned and prepared for your child/children.
Please complete the ‘Special Diet Leaflet’ authority form.
Please note that secondary schools operate an 'in house' catering service, therefore, further details can be obtained by contacting the schools directly.
School lunches currently cost £2.60 per day (£13 per week). Payment for school meals are to be made using a secure website called ParentPay, you will be able to pay online using your credit/debit card. Payments should be made weekly in advance. Once your child has started school you should receive an activation e-mail to create your ParentPay account.
Is your child entitled to Free School Meals?
Please note: If your child is entitled to free school meals, a packed lunch can be provided by the school kitchen should he or she be partaking in any school trips. The kitchen will require at least 2 days notice.
The Benefits of a School Meal
- Your child can benefit from healthy nutritious meals, saving you time not to have to make a packed lunch
- Children benefit from sitting down and eating together at a table and are encouraged to try new foods
- Your child will develop healthy eating habits at an early age which hopefully will continue into later life
- Your child will receive a 1/3 of their daily nutritional requirements by having a school meal
- Meals are balanced and healthy and there is variety from one day to the next
- We cater for vegetarians and all special diets whilst considering religious and medical nutritional requirements
- Your child can join in with special themed meals that link in with subjects being taught in class and also national initiatives
- School meals are excellent value for money and provide a healthy and nutritious two course meal, so why not give it a go!
Free school breakfast is available to all primary school children within the County, 33 out of 54 schools are currently participating in the initiative.
Ask your school for details of times etc.
Available for breakfast:-
- Toast - with flora low fat spread, low sugar jam or marmalade
- Cereal - Rice Krispies, Cornflakes or Weetabix served with semi skimmed milk and no sugar
- Fruit Juice