You can appeal if you think that:
- The demand notice is addressed to the wrong person
- Your dwelling should be exempt from Council Tax
- You are entitled to a discount but no discount has been granted
- You are entitled to a disabled person's reduction, but no reduction has been granted
- Your dwelling should not be in the prescribed classes of dwellings.
You should first write to the Director of Finance clearly stating the grounds for your appeal. The situation will be reviewed and you will be notified of the decision. If you still feel aggrieved following this decision, you will have a further right of appeal to the Valuation Tribunal.
Written enquiries regarding the demand notice should be addressed to:
The Director of Finance
Enquiries can be made by calling at the Canolfan Rheidol, Rhodfa Padarn, Llanbadarn Fawr, Aberystwyth, or the Customer Service Centres - Local Offices.