Are you struggling to find the deposit or bond?
If you are having trouble providing the deposit, or bond, then you may get assistance from the Ceredigion bond scheme, funded by the Welsh Assembly, Local Authority and Dyfed-Powys Probation. This scheme is run and managed by Ceredigion Care Society. Please contact our Housing Options service on 01545 574123.
Are you behind with the rent?
Your circumstances may have changed, for instance because you have lost your job, you have health problems or you have recently split up with your partner. Or you may just be struggling with rising prices and mounting bills with no extra money coming in to pay them.
This can seem very overwhelming, so always ask for help sooner rather than later.
Ceredigion Citizens Advice money advisors can look at your whole financial situation and help you to prioritise debts and claim any benefits due.
If paying your rent is becoming difficult, get advice as soon as possible. Don't let the arrears grow - this may lead to you losing your home and will make it difficult for you to get a new tenancy in the future.
- Talk to your landlord to try and reach an agreement about paying off any rent arrears. Be realistic, don't agree to pay more than you can afford
- Ask for independent advice. There are agencies in Ceredigion offering a free and confidential service. They will look at your money situation as a whole and give you suggestions for a way forward
- If you are not claiming Housing Benefit is this now an option?
- Think about other ways to increase your income
- Consider the Tenancy Saver Loan, delivered by Wales Council for Voluntary Action as part of the Welsh Government COVID assistance
Remember that you should always treat your rent as one of your main priorities.
If you are about to become homeless you can find more information on our Ceredigion Housing website.
What you can do