Skip to main content

Ceredigion County Council website

Transporter Authorisation

​Information on who needs Transporter Authorisation and how to apply for it

Those transporting live vertebrate animals as part of an 'economic activity' for distances over 65km require an Authorisation.

There are 2 types of Authorisation now available:

  • short journey Authorisation (Type 1) for journeys over 65km and up to and including 8 hours duration
  • long journey Authorisation (Type 2 for journeys over 65km and over 8 hours duration. A long journey Authorisation will also cover short journeys

Transporters must either carry their Authorisation certificate or a copy of it whenever transporting animals.