If you have a non UK resident partner or family member applying for a Visa from the Home Office UK Border Agency to live in the UK for a period longer than 6 months, they may need to supply a property inspection report as part of the application. This is because the Home Office need to be confident that any new arrivals will not need to be further re-housed once they arrive in the UK.

We can carry out the required inspection of your home and provide a report which you can submit with your application. The report will help you to confirm that the proposed accommodation will not be overcrowded with the addition of further family members, and will also identify whether there are any health and safety risks at the property.

The fee for this service is currently £160 and will need to be paid in advance of the inspection. The report is only valid for 3 months.

What you can do

Have a look at our pages on the Housing Health and Safety Rating System to get an idea of what we will be looking out for and think about whether you need to make any changes in advance.

Contact us by emailing: housing@ceredigion.gov.uk or by phoning: 01545 572105

What we can do

Visit your home with you to consider whether the accommodation is suitable for further family members. Provide you with a report which you can use as part of the visa application.

If there are concerns with the standard of accommodation, we can discuss with you how to overcome these, and can provide an updated report free of charge (within a 3 month period) once matters are addressed.