All businesses are reminded that they have a Duty of Care to ensure that they dispose of their waste safely and legally by using a licenced Waste Carrier. Please note that Trade Waste will not be accepted at the Council’s Household Waste Site.
A weekly recycling and food waste collection service (lilac bags and food waste bins) is available for further information on collections, please contact the Council. New legislation will come into force in the near future which requires all businesses to sort their waste for recycling. For more information please see Environment (Wales) Act 2016. As of 1st April 2016, the Council requires its customers to use the recycling services available. Only non-recyclable waste will be collected in the trade residual waste containers.
Mixed recycling is collected in lilac bags. These are to be used for paper, cardboard, cartons, plastics, cans and tins. Please see the Trade Waste Leaflet for more information on materials accepted.
- Lilac bags are available in reams of 50 or boxes of 200, at a unit cost of £2.60 per bag
140 litre food waste bins are provided (with the first bin provided free of charge and £37.00 per bin thereafter). The Council charges for the collection of the waste. A weekly collection of food waste is available, however more or less frequent collections may be available on request.
- Food waste tags must be purchased in advance and attached to the handle of the 140 litre food waste bins when presented for collection. The cost of a food waste tag is £5.00 each. A tag must be used for each collection (applies to Trade Waste Collections and Chargeable Household Waste Collections)
Residual Waste (non-recyclable)
The Council offers two residual waste collection services: Commercial Waste (orange bags and tags) for businesses, and Chargeable Household Waste (blue bags and tags) see below for more information. These are three weekly collection services. For further information on collections, please contact the Council.
Rates are as follows:
Trade Waste (Orange)
- Orange bags are available in rolls of 50 or boxes of 200, at a unit cost of £4.90 per bag
- Orange tags for 240L bins are available individually at a unit cost of £19.50 each
- Orange tags for 1100L bins are available individually at a unit cost of £77.00 each
Chargeable Household (Blue)
- Blue bags are available in reams of 50 or boxes of 200, at a unit cost of £2.90 per bag
- Blue tags for 240L bins are available individually at a unit cost of £10.10 each
- Blue tags for 1100L bins are available individually at a unit cost of £43.50 each
Chargeable Household Waste refers to waste from the following:
- Registered charity shops (or community interest company/not for profit organization) selling donated goods originating from domestic properties
- A residential hostel which provides accommodation only to the persons with no other permanent address or who are unable to live at their permanent address (e.g. emergency accommodation or refuge)
Some businesses are run from home and/or include domestic accommodation. These premises produce both domestic and trade waste. For these businesses, producing very little trade waste, the Council offers a mixed hereditament rate. Please contact us if you’d like more information.
Commercial waste charges apply to caravans which are used in the course of a business for the provision of self-catering accommodation or a caravan which is not allowed to be used for human habitation throughout the year by virtue of a licence or planning permission. Only waste from caravans permanently occupied and where the occupier pays domestic Council Tax is classed as household waste.
VAT is not applicable to the above rates.