The Welsh Government is bringing in new coronavirus measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus.
To help further prevent the spread of coronavirus, new measures were announced by the First Minister which will come into force at 6pm on Friday 4 December, 2020:
- Hospitality businesses in Wales will have to close by 6pm and will not be allowed to serve alcohol at any time. After 6pm they will only be able to provide takeaway services.
- Indoor entertainment and visitor attractions must close. Outdoor entertainment and visitor attractions can remain open but must close by 6pm every day.
The Welsh Government also announced the following:
- A further £340m will be made available through the Economic Resilience Fund to support businesses affected by the new changes to the regulations.
More information about the fund and how it can be accessed will be available on Business Wales website: https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/erf-restrictions-business-fund
The existing national measures remain the same. There will be no changes to household bubbles, how many people can meet in public indoor or outdoor places or restrictions on other businesses.
Remember to follow the guidelines in order to keep Ceredigion safe:
- Keep a 2m social distance from each other when out and about – indoors and outdoors;
- Wash your hands regularly;
- Limit your social contact;
- Work from home wherever possible;
- Wear a face mask in indoor public places, shops and on public transport;
- Households are able to form a ‘bubble’ with one other - that bubble arrangement cannot be swapped, changed, or extended further than one household;
- People are allowed to meet with others from outside that bubble in a regulated venue, such as a pub or restaurant where there are strict safety protocols in place, but the maximum number of people that can meet is four and even then social distancing should be maintained wherever possible;
- Self-isolate immediately at the first sign of any COVID-19 symptoms and arrange a test immediately, only leaving home to get tested. A test need to be booked online or by phoning 119.
All the latest information and advice regarding the coronavirus can be found on Ceredigion County Council’s website: www.ceredigion.gov.uk/Coronavirus. The Council’s Corporate Contact Centre number is 01545 570881.
Together, we can keep Ceredigion safe.