Ceredigion Public Services Board (PSB) have published their Local Well-being Plan for 2023-28.
This is the second Well-being Plan produced by Ceredigion PSB since the introduction of the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act. This Act requires public sector bodies to come together through a PSB for their local areas.
The Local Well-being Plan sets out how the Board will be working together to improve the economic, social, environmental and cultural well-being of Ceredigion for the next 5 years. Ceredigion PSB formally approved the Local Well-being Plan for 2023-28 on 24 April 2023, and the Plan was published on the PSB webpage on 02 May 2023.
The Local Well-being Plan 2023-2028 is based on the following Well-being Objectives:
- Economic Well-being: We will work together to achieve a sustainable economy that benefits local people and builds on the strengths of Ceredigion.
- Social Well-being: We will work together to reduce inequalities in our communities and use social and green solutions to improve physical and mental health.
- Environmental Well-being: We will work together to deliver decarbonisation initiatives within Ceredigion to protect and enhance our natural resources.
- Cultural Well-being: We will work together to enable communities to feel safe and connected and will promote cultural diversity and increase opportunities to use the Welsh language.
- Tackling Hardship and Poverty [cross-cutting theme]: We will work together to deliver shared ambitions for tackling poverty and inequalities in Ceredigion.
Councillor Bryan Davies, Chair of the Public Services Board for Ceredigion and Leader of Ceredigion County Council said: “The Well-being of Future Generations Act is unique to Wales and offers a huge opportunity to make a long-lasting, positive change to current and future generations, ensuring all public services work together for the benefit of the Well-being of Wales.
Whilst we value the environment in which we live, we know that we have challenges. The Covid-19 pandemic, cost-of-living crisis, skill shortages and climate change will have far reaching consequences. These are complex issues which need to be tackled collaboratively. This Plan shows that we as Ceredigion Public Services Board are committed to shaping and delivering better with our communities to improve well-being in Ceredigion now, as well as for future generations.”
Residents took the opportunity to have their say on the draft Plan during a public 3-month consultation which came to a close on 31 January 2023.
You can read the Ceredigion Local Well-being Plan for 2023-28 on the website: Ceredigion Local Well-being Plan 2023-28
For more information, call 01545 570881 or e-mail email@example.com.