What is Leasing Scheme Wales?
The Private Rented Leasing Scheme Wales is a Welsh Government backed pilot scheme which aims to improve access to long-term affordable and good quality housing, with tenancy support in the private rented sector.
The scheme will offer a range of support services and beneﬁts to the tenant and to the private landlord. The aim is to make the tenancy successful for both parties.
The scheme offers landlords a full property management package including repairs and maintenance with a guaranteed rental income even when the property is not occupied by a tenant.
We will provide ongoing housing support to the tenant, helping them gain greater independence and sustain a successful tenancy.
What can the scheme offer to Landlords?
Property owners will benefit from:
- CCC leases of between 5-20 years subject to conditions
- Guaranteed rental payments for the length of the lease at the relevant Local Housing Allowance rate, less 10% management fee
- CCC will fully manage the tenancies for the period of the lease
- Up to £5000, as a grant, to bring properties up to an agreed standard and/or to increase the EPC rating to level C. Additional grant funding of up to £25,000 potentially available for empty properties
- Any damages and repairs covered by CCC
- Owner of property will not be liable for Council Tax or bills
- A guarantee of appropriate support for tenants, throughout the lifetime of the lease.
Interested in renting your property to us?
We are looking to lease furnished/unfurnished properties for five years or more to provide homes for the residents of Ceredigion.
We need a range of different property types and sizes across the main areas of the county.
If you lease your property to us you will need to:
- Provide Gas, Electrical and Energy Performance or Safety certificates. (We will undertake any servicing during the lease period)
- Provide Buildings Insurance (including Public Liability)
- Provide Confirmation that you have insurance and mortgage consent arrangements in place that allow participation in the scheme
- Meet mandatory property standard requirements set by Welsh Government (a grant is available to bring properties up to the agreed standard)
- Provide Copy of Land Registry to confirm ownership of property
- Be responsible for paying any service charges related to the property and any external works to the property
This list is not exhaustive. Please get in touch to discuss further.
For further information please contact:
Private Rented Sector, Leasing Scheme Wales,
Housing Options & Support Services
Ceredigion County Council
Phone: 01545 572451
Further information can be found on the Welsh Government Leasing Scheme Wales: guidance pages.