Is someone harming, neglecting or abusing you or do you know or suspect that a vulnerable adult or child is suffering in this way?
We all have a responsibility to look after each other.
Abuse may take many forms - physical, psychological/emotional, sexual, financial or neglect - and can be actual or threatened.
- Physical Abuse includes hitting, shaking, squeezing, rough handling, kicking, burning or biting. Other examples include giving inappropriate drugs, alcohol or poisonous substance
- Psychological / Emotional Abuse include verbal assault, humiliation, blaming, intimidation, taunting, controlling, coercion, harassment, threats of harm or abandonment, deprivation of contact or communication, isolation or withdrawal from services or supportive networks
- Sexual Abuse includes rape, incest, sexual assault, forcing or enticing a vulnerable adult or child to take part in a sexual activity or non-contact sexual activity such as voyeurism or exposure to pornography
- Neglect or acts of omission include withholding the necessities of life such as adequate nutrition, clothing, heating and shelter, not providing for a persons safety or protecting from danger, ignoring medical or physical care needs, failing to provide access to appropriate health, social care or educational services
- Financial Abuse (Adults only) include theft, fraud, exploitation, pressure in connection with financial transactions, property, wills or inheritance, misuse or misappropriation of property, possessions or benefits
Please note that this list is not exhaustive - if you have concerns please talk to us.
Nobody deserves this, and no one has the right to do these things to another person.
What can you do about it?
Please have the courage to contact us - we are here to help. If we find that there is no concern, you will not be in trouble as long as you really thought that there was a risk.
If you have concerns that the person is in immediate danger, please telephone the police on 999.
Otherwise to report your concerns to us, please telephone Porth Gofal on:
Office hours - 01545 574000
Outside of Office hours - 0300 4563554
If you are a professional, you can telephone us with your concerns, but you will also need to complete a Multi Agency Referral Form (MARF). Both forms can be found below:
We need to keep our vulnerable adults and children safe and valued, both at home and in our communities.