Following concern that some members of the public do are not adhering fully to the rules of self-isolation, Ceredigion County Council is keen to remind Ceredigion residents of Welsh Government guidance in order to protect our communities.
You must self-isolate:
- if you have received a positive test result for COVID-19
- if you have COVID-19 symptoms and have not been tested, or are awaiting the outcome of a test;
- if you live with someone who has symptoms that may have been caused by COVID-19, or who has had a COVID-19 positive test result (even if you have had a negative test result).
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, you must self-isolate at home for at least 10 days from when your symptoms began.
If you have had a positive test result, you must self-isolate for at least 10 days from the day the symptoms started, even if you do not have symptoms. If you develop symptoms during self-isolation, you must re-start the self-isolation period from the day your symptoms started.
If you live with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms, or who has had a COVID-19 positive test result, each household member must self-isolate for 14 days. If anyone else from the household starts showing symptoms during self-isolation, they must stay home for 10 days from when their symptoms began, even if they are almost at the end of the original self-isolation period.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms must immediately self-isolate and arrange for a test. In the meantime, you and all members of the household should stay at home. If your symptoms worsen, medical advice should be sought immediately. If it is not urgent, contact NHS 111 Wales. Do not visit your GP or go to hospital.
Remember, staying at home means this:
- Don't go to work, unless you work from home;
- Don’t go to school or any public area;
- Don’t use public transport;
- Don’t go shopping, not event to buy food or other essentials;
- Don’t receive visitors to your home;
- Any exercise must be don ein your home.
If you need help buying food or other essentials you will need to ask friends or relatives. There are also a number of voluntary groups that can support you, and details of those in your area can be found here on Ceredigion County Council's website: http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/resident/coronavirus-covid-19/resources/list-of-food-and-meal-deliveries-and-prescriptions-in-ceredigion/
It is vitally important that you adhere to these rules in order to protect yourself, and your community. Full details of self-isolation can be found heon the Welsh Government website: https://gov.wales/self-isolation-stay-home-guidance-households-possible-coronavirus