Ceredigion is looking forward to welcoming students back safely to the county this week ahead of the new academic year.
In order to keep everyone safe, Ceredigion County Council is working with Aberystwyth University, University of Wales Trinity St David, which has a campus at Lampeter, Hywel Dda University Health Board and other partners to ensure measures are in place to protect students, local residents and visitors alike.
Coronavirus cases are continuing to increase in the county, therefore everyone is urged to be vigilant and follow the latest guidance to keep each other safe.
Self-isolate and get tested
If anyone develops any COVID-19 symptoms, they must self-isolate immediately for 10 days and book a PCR test via UK Government portal or by calling 119. The main symptoms include a high temperature, a new continuous cough and loss or change to sense of smell or taste.
To help identify hidden COVID-19 cases in our communities as new variants of the virus emerge, Hywel Dda University Health Board is also encouraging people to have a test if they have any of the following symptoms and they are new, persistent and/or unusual:
- Mild summer cold symptoms, including sore throat, runny nose, headache
- Flu-like symptoms, including myalgia (muscle ache or pain); excessive tiredness; persistent headache; runny nose or blocked nose; persistent sneezing; sore throat and/or hoarseness, shortness of breath or wheezing; nausea; vomiting; or diarrhoea
- Generally feeling unwell and a history of being in contact with a known COVID-19 case
- Any new or change in symptoms following a previous negative test
The best way of protecting yourself and others from the coronavirus is to get vaccinated.
The first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine are available at walk-in clinics in the following locations:
- Thomas Parry Library, Llanbadarn Campus, Aberystwyth University, Aberystwyth,SY23 3AS
- Ysgol Trewen, Cwm-cou SA38 9PE
Further details regarding the above clinics and other within the Hywel Dda area are available here: Mass Vaccination Centres
Everyone should remember to wash their hands regularly, wear a face mask where needed and keep a social distance from others in order to keep everyone safe.
All the latest information, advice and support relevant to Ceredigion is available on our website.
Together we can keep Ceredigion safe.