We are working closely with the Welsh Government Association (WLGA), the Welsh Government and other partners to help Ceredigion prepare for the potential effects of Brexit.
With the Brexit process ongoing, it is unclear what kind of effect it could have on Ceredigion. The council’s preparations aim to mitigate the potential effects of Brexit on our communities and businesses.
The council’s Brexit preparations include:
- The council’s Leadership Group meeting regularly to plan for potential Brexit scenarios in Ceredigion
- Reviewing all council services to see how Brexit could affect them. Plans are being put in place to prepare for any impact on services
- Attending the Dyfed Powys Local Resilience Forum. The Forum is preparing multi-agency solutions to challenges Brexit could pose
- Providing information for staff who could be directly affected
- Raising awareness of the EU Settlement Scheme among Ceredigion’s EU citizen population
- Signposting businesses to advice on the potential effects of Brexit
- Lobbying the Welsh Government to ensure that levels of funding in Ceredigion don’t decrease after Brexit
- Working with the WLGA to finalise arrangements across Ceredigion when the Brexit process is finalised