Review of Polling Places and Polling Stations for the Ceredigion County Council Area and Parliamentary Constituency 2019/2020.
Ceredigion County Council has a duty to divide the local authority area into polling districts and designate a polling place for each relevant polling district. This review (Consultation Document) has to be undertaken every 5 years, the last review was held in 2014.
Any comments and representations must be made in writing to the Electoral Registration Officer by Wednesday, 4th December 2019. The proposals will be considered by the Council during January 2020 with the final review results published and included in the Revised Register of Electors on 1st February 2020.
Click here for the proposals for review.
To make any comments in writing, please complete the consultation form and return to:
On 23rd January 2020, the Council considered the Acting Returning Officer’s report following the Review of Polling Place and Polling Stations 2019 and agreed the following:
- To remove the Polling Station at Cwmystwyth and electors vote at Mynach C.P. School, Devil’s Bridge in future;
- To remove the Polling Station at Tyngwndwn Chapel, Talsarn and electors vote at the Memorial Hall, Felinfach in future;
- The Polling Stations at the Silver Band, Park Avenue, Aberystwyth are permanently moved as follows:
- Central Ward, Aberystwyth – The Salvation Army, Alexandra Road, Aberystwyth;
- Rheidol Ward, Aberystwyth – Harbour House, Y Lanfa;
- The Polling Station at The Old School, Cross Inn, Llanon is permanently moved to The Old School, Pennant, Llanon;
- The Nursery at Comins-coch C.P. School is used rather than the School;
- To move the Polling Station from Ysgol Trewen to Bryngwyn Chapel Vestry;
- To move the Polling Station from Caffi Sali Mali to Bronant Chapel Vestry;
- To move the Polling Station from Pisgah Chapel Vestry to Talgarreg Hall (subject to approval from the Hall Committee on 28th January 2020). In the event that the Hall Committee does not agree, then the Polling Station will remain at Pisgah Chapel Vestry. [The Hall Committee has since agreed.]