All of the booklets listed here are available in paper format or can be viewed and downloaded online. If you would like a paper copy sent to your home address, please call 01970 633564 or email your request to

assessmentsAssessments – a guide to getting an assessment

This booklet explains the aims of a carer’s needs assessment and what happens during a carer’s needs assessment.

guide leafletA Carers Guide to Managing Medicines

The booklet is for carers who regularly handle and give medication to the person they care for. It has lots of advice about how and when to give medication safely.

leafletBeing Heard: a self-advocacy guide for carers

Carers Wales’ guide provides advice to help you communicate your needs with professionals, know your rights and look after your wellbeing.

leafletBeing prepared - A carer’s guide to planning for emergencies

This booklet is full of advice and helps you to think about the safety measures you can take if something happened to you in the future. It also includes an application to join the FREE Ceredigion Carers Emergency card scheme.

leafletComing out of hospital

This booklet explains how to plan for coming out of hospital so you can make sure your views and feelings are listened to and there is support in place.

leafletLife after caring

The ‘Life after caring’ book has information and practical advice about managing when your caring role comes to an end or changes.

leafletSay ‘I’m fine’ and mean it!

The ‘Say ‘I’m Fine’… and Mean It!’ booklet aims to help support carers’ mental health and emotional wellbeing.

Click on any of the links below which will take you to local and national organisations and provide useful information and news.

Carers UK

Carers Wales

Princess Royal Trust

NHS Social care and support guide

Lloyds Pharmacy

Age Cymru


Parkinsons Disease Society

Alzheimer's Society

Multiple Sclerosis Society

Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis Charity


Macmillan Cancer Support

Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust

Versus Arthritis

British Heart Foundation

Counsel and Care - Advice for older people about paying for care

Hywel Dda Health Board - Information for Carers