The Ceredigion Carers Fund is now open for applications.
Who can apply to the Ceredigion Carers Fund?
The Ceredigion Carers Fund is for unpaid carers. An unpaid carer is someone who looks after a friend or family member who cannot manage on their own because they have a disability, physical or mental illness or are affected by substance or alcohol misuse.
Do you look after someone? You can apply for the Ceredigion Carers Fund if you or the person you care for lives in Ceredigion.
You can apply for up to £150 to spend on something that will help to improve your health and wellbeing.
- Easy to apply - no assessments
- You decide what to spend it on
- Open to carers of all ages (adults and young carers)
- More than 1 carer per household can apply
- Closing date: March 31st, 2023, or before (if funding runs out)
If you have applied for the fund within the last 12 months, you will need to wait a full 12 months before applying again.
How to apply
You can apply on your own or together with family members in your household who are carers. If you are applying as a family or household, everyone included on the application must spend the money on the same thing. If family or household members want to spend the money on different things, each carer and young carer must complete a separate application form.
You can also apply by completing the application form that can be downloaded and printed. You can return the application form by email or by post.
If you do not have access to the internet to apply online, you can phone Ceredigion County Council on 01545 574200 to ask for an application form.
If you need help to fill in the application form, you can ask a professional worker such as a social worker or support worker to fill in the application form for you. You can also contact Ceredigion Carers and Community Support Team for advice on 01545 574200 or by email at email@example.com. We will speak to you about who is the most appropriate person to help you complete the application.
- The Carers and Community Support Team will contact you to discuss the application and get more information if necessary
- The Carers and Community Support Team will process your application and contact you within 8 weeks to confirm if your application has been successful
- If your application is successful, you will receive payment within 2 weeks of being told that you have been successful
- You spend the money within 6 months of receiving it on the things or activities that have been agreed/approved
- You must provide receipts/ invoices to the Carers and Community Support Team to prove that money has been spent on the things that have been approved
There is not a set list of things that you can spend the money on. The funding can be used for something that will help to improve your health and wellbeing.
Some examples of what you could apply for are:
- Buying things for an activity or hobby
- Therapies/relaxation or wellbeing sessions
- Gardening costs
- Decorating costs
- Tech Devices (e.g., laptop, tablet or mobile phone)
- A holiday or weekend break
- Day trips
- Gym membership, exercise classes, etc.
- Driving lessons
- Course/training fees, books or equipment
When you apply, you will be asked to provide details of what you would like to spend the money on and how you feel you would benefit.
We are unable to pay for anything that has already been paid for.
You can also use the money to pay towards something that costs more than £150.
The Ceredigion Carers Fund cannot be used for any of the following:
- To pay for something for the person you are caring for or any other person
- To pay for residential care in a care home
- To pay for respite or a sitting service
- To pay for petrol/travel expenses or food/drinks that are not directly linked to the activity you want us to fund
- To pay for things that should be provided by the local authority or the NHS
- Cosmetic procedures e.g., tattoos, piercings
- To buy tobacco, alcohol or other drugs
- To pay off debts
- To gamble
- To pay household bills such as rent, gas or electricity
- To pay for the ordinary costs of daily living such as food shopping or clothes
- To pay for anything you have already done, bought or paid for before the application is submitted and approved
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before submitting the application. If you do not understand something, please contact the Carers and Community Support Team on 01545 574200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Carer’ means the person applying to the Carer Fund.
‘Carers and Community Support Team’ means Ceredigion County Council Carers and Community Support Team.
‘Council’ means Ceredigion County Council.
- The Carers Fund is for the Carer to buy something that helps to improve their wellbeing. It cannot be used to buy something for the person being cared for
- The Carers Fund money cannot pay for something that has already been paid for before the application has been approved
- Carers must spend the Carers Fund money on the things that the approval has been given for. This will either be the things listed on the application or the things agreed with the Carers and Community Support Team subsequently
- Carers can ask to spend the money on something different to what was initially approved if good reason is given. Applicants must contact the Carers and Community Support Team before spending the money on something different to what has been agreed/ approved. The Carers and Community Support Team will confirm in writing to the carer that the change is acceptable
- If the Carers Fund money is spent on something that has not been agreed, it will need to be paid back to the Council
- If a Carer chooses to spend the Carers Fund money on something that develops or supports their employment or business, it is their responsibility to ensure that they comply with relevant tax legislation
- The Carers Fund money cannot be used to buy things from friends, family or neighbours etc (unless they are a sole trader)
- The Carers Fund money cannot be used to buy things from private sellers unless the sale is completed on an online shopping site with inbuilt payment mechanism such as eBay. Things cannot be bought from private sellers on Facebook marketplace or via a classified advert
- The Carers Fund money can be used to buy second hand things from a shop, business or online shopping site with inbuilt payment mechanism such as eBay. Use of second-hand things is at carer’s own risk
- Carers must inform the Carers and Community Support Team straight away if they get funding from another source for anything related to this application or the things applied for
- Carers must spend the money within 6 months of getting it. Carers can ask the Carers and Community Support Team for longer to spend the money if good reason is given
- The carer must provide receipts/ invoices to the Carers and Community Support Team to prove that money has been spent on the things that the approval has been given for. If receipts are not provided, the Carers Fund money will need to be paid back to the Council
- The Council and the Carers and Community Support Team cannot pay for the maintenance or repair of anything bought with the Carers Fund money
- The Council and the Carers and Community Support Team are not liable for any injury or damage caused by things bought with the Carers Fund money