MIND Aberystwyth

Offers a variety of services including a drop in, to people of Ceredigion.

Address: Mind Aberystwyth, the Mill, Riverside Terrace, Mill Street, Aberystwyth, SY23 1JB
Tel: 01970 626225
Website: mindaberystwyth.org


Provides opportunities for adults with mental illness.

Address: HUTS Workshop, Adpar, Newcastle Emlyn, SA38 9ED
Telephone: 01239 710377
Website: www.hutsworkshop.org


Provides support for individuals whose lives have been affected by serious mental illness.

Address: 9 Portland Road, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 2NL
Telephone: 01970 624756
Website: www.hafal.org

Mental Health Helpline for Wales – Community Advice and Listening Line (C.A.L.L)

Offers emotional support and information on mental health and related matters. Helpline is a confidential listening and support service.

Tel: 0800 132737

Bipolar UK

Provide a range of services to enable people affected by bipolar and other associated illnesses to take control of their lives.

Website: www.bipolaruk.uk

Combat Stress The Veteran’s Mental Health Charity

Provides services to ex-Service men and women of all ages who are affected by mental ill health

Helpline: 0800 1381619
Telephone: 01372 587000 (enquiries Head Office)

Website: www.combatstress.org.uk

Occasional anxiety, grief, stress or depression is common to us all, but we usually ‘get back to normal’ relatively quickly.

For some people, these feelings may be unusually intense or prolonged and can seriously affect their ability to cope with the demands of their everyday life. They may also experience extreme mood swings, feelings of persecution or hear voices that no one else hears.

Like physical illness, mental illness can be mild and easily treated, or more serious and need lengthy treatment. There are many different types of mental illness and people react to their illness in different ways, but most people become well again with the right treatment and support.

The Community Mental Health Service is a partnership between Ceredigion Social Services and Hywel Dda University Health Board.

We have a duty to assess anyone who appears to be experiencing mental health difficulties which are affecting their ability to lead their usual life. We aim to ensure that services are provided fairly and are used to support the people with the greatest need and risk to independence.

How can I get help?

There are a number of organisations within the local community that can support people who are experiencing problems with mental illness and their relatives (see Other Help). You may also wish to speak with your GP, if they feel that you need further assistance, they will refer you to the Community Mental Health Service.

If you require assistance in an emergency, you can attend the Accident and Emergency Department of your local hospital.

Other Help

There are a number of national and local agencies that can provide information and assistance to people who suffer from mental illness and their carers.

The link below will take you to Dewis Cymru. Dewis Cymru is a directory of services that people can use to find out about services and opportunities available both locally and nationally. 


Further information about Dewis can be found here.