Simple but important new emergency Coronavirus laws came into force last week across Wales regarding businesses.
In addition to the requirements that apply across both England and Wales, Welsh businesses that are permitted to remain open to the public are also now required to ‘take all reasonable measures to ensure that a distance of two metres is maintained between any persons on the business premises.’ The businesses must also ensure that persons are only admitted to their premises in sufficiently small numbers to ensure that the required distance is maintained, and to also take all reasonable measures to ensure that those waiting outside also keep two metres apart.
The new laws have been made by the Welsh Ministers in response to the incidence and spread of coronavirus in Wales. The need for the new requirements must be reviewed every 21 days and will only apply for the emergency period.
Owners, proprietor and managers of business that do not take the measures required may be subject to prosecution and unlimited fines. Breaches may also be dealt with by means of fixed penalty notice and those individuals even subject to arrest if necessary. It is expected that businesses will take voluntary action to ensure that they meet the new requirements.
These are tough but important measures being required of our businesses in response to the serious threat posed by coronavirus. The community response has been positive and overwhelming.
The new laws are part of a new yet temporary way of life necessary to protect those in our society who are most vulnerable to the effects of coronavirus. Ceredigion County Council will do all that we reasonably can to help businesses in complying with these requirements.
Here are posters for businesses to download, print and display at their premises. The posters are bilingual, with an option of a light or a dark background.
- Guidance: Three measures that must be taken (English).
- Guidance: Three measures that must be taken (Welsh).
- Poster: Thank you for keeping 2m apart inside.
- Poster: Thank you for keeping 2m apart when queuing.
- Poster: Thank you for waiting outside to be served.
- Poster: Thank you for waiting here until invited in.
- Poster: Maximum of one person in the shop at any one time. Thank you.
- Poster: Maximum of two people in the shop at any one time. Thank you.
- Poster: Maximum of three people in the shop at any one time. Thank you.