With the ongoing situation of the Coronavirus, here is the latest update regarding Waste Services provided by Ceredigion County Council.
Kerbside Glass Collections: To help support our waste collection teams during this challenging period, residents are kindly asked not to put their glass bottle and jars out for collection if they are able to store their glass for the time being. This request is made with a view of reducing pressure on the team and help efforts to retain the kerbside collection of black bag waste, food waste and clear recycling bags as well as Absorbent Hygiene Products (AHP). If residents have no space to store their glass bottles and jars, they will still be able to put their glass collection box out for collection on their designated glass box collection day.
Please Help Protect Our Staff: We have put in place additional measures to protect our staff at this time. You can help in the following ways:
• Place all personal waste, such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths in your black bag and tying the bag.
• Double bag all your black bag waste during this period.
• Only presenting domestic waste for collection that you absolutely need to dispose of during this period; we know that it’s very tempting to use this time to have that big clear out but please spare a thought for our waste collection crews who are working hard to make sure collections are still being carried out, now is not the time to add to their workload.
• If you are self-isolating with confirmed or suspected Covid-19. Do not place personal waste (such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths) out for collection for at least three days. As an example, if you have filled/tied a bag on a Monday and your collection is due on a Thursday, that bag can be put out for collection on Thursday morning. However, if you have filled/tied a bag on a Monday and your collection is due on a Wednesday, you would need to hold onto that bag until your collection day the following week. This is the advice from government designed to prevent transmission of the virus.
Clear Recycling Sacks and Food Caddy Liners: Stocks of clear recycling bags and food waste caddy liners have been delivered to various locations in Ceredigion. Use sparingly and do not stockplie. Visits to these sites should only be undertaken when necessary and as part of an other essential journey. Social distancing protocols should be strictly applied.
Clear Recycling Sacks and Food Caddy Liners collection points (subject to availabilty):
• Outside the Council Offices at Penmorfa and County Hall, Aberaeron
• Outside the Council Offices at Canolfan Rheidol, Aberystwyth
• Lampeter Library
• Cardigan Library
Household Waste Sites, Bulky Household and Garden Waste Collections remain suspended at this time.
A big thank you to you – the residents of Ceredigion: Our waste collection teams are very grateful for the numerous messages of support and thanks they are receiving. As part of Caru Ceredigion, we can continue to work together to ensure that our waste is dealt with in the best way possible during this difficult time. Please continue to do the right thing with your waste!
Remember, that you can check your waste collection date by using the Post Code search on the Council’s website, www.bit.ly/postcodesearch, where the new waste collection calendars for 2020 – 2022 can also be downloaded