On Thursday 06 May residents in Ceredigion will go to the polls to have their say on who represents them in the Senedd and as Police and Crime Commissioner.
For those who are voting in person, polling stations will be safe places to vote. Voters are encouraged to keep themselves and others safe by:
- Wearing a face covering
- Bringing their own pen or pencil
- Cleaning their hands when entering and leaving the polling station using the hand sanitizer provided
- Keeping a safe distance
- Not entering the polling station if they feel unwell.
Voters should not attend the polling station if they have symptoms of Covid-19, or if they have been asked to self-isolate. Anyone who develops symptoms, or is asked to self-isolate shortly before polling day, has up to 5pm on polling day to apply for an emergency proxy vote. This allows them to nominate someone they trust to vote on their behalf.
Polling stations will be open from 7am to 10pm on Thursday 06 May. Voters who have opted to vote by post must return their postal ballot pack by 10pm; they can hand it in at their polling station if they don’t have time to return it by post.
Eifion Evans, Returning Officer for Ceredigion said: “If you are choosing to vote in person, help keep yourself and others safe by following the safety measures that are in place. This includes sanitising your hands and keeping a safe distance from others. Make sure you check the information on your polling cards, as your polling station might have changed since the last election.”
To see if your polling station has changed, have a look below.
- Cwmystwyth Chapel Vestry to Mynach Primary School, Pontarfynach, Aberystwyth SY23 4QZ
- Tyndwndwn Chapel, Talsarn to Memorial Hall, Felinfach, Lampeter SA48 8AE
- Silver Band, Park Avenue, Aberystwyth to Harbour House, Y Lanfa, Aberystwyth SY23 1AS
- Silver Band, Park Avenue, Aberystwyth to Salvation Army, Alexandra Road, Aberystwyth SY23 2NN
- The Old School, Cross Inn to Pennant Community Centre, Pennant, Llannon SY23 5PA
- Little Acorns, Comins-Coch to Comins Coch Primary School, Comins Coch, Aberystwyth SY23 3BQ
- Ysgol Trewen to Bryngwyn Chapel Vestry, Bryngwyn SA38 9PL
- Caffi Sali Mali, Blaenpennal to Bronant Chapel Vestry, Bronant, Aberystwyth SY23 4TG
- Pisgah Chapel Vestry to Talgarreg Memorial Hall, Talgarreg, Llandysul SA44 4ET
- Village Hall, Aberporth to Dyffryn y Banc Centre, Aberporth SA43 2EU
- U.T.S Adpar to Newcastle Emlyn Rugby Club, Dol Wiber, Adpar SA38 9AZ
Further information about the elections is available on the Council’s website: www.ceredigion.gov.uk/your-council/voting-elections/. It’s also worth keeping an eye out on the Council’s social media pages at @CeredigionCC on Facebook and Twitter and @CaruCeredigion on Instagram.