Councillors in Ceredigion today approved a review of polling stations in the county on 23 January. The review sees three polling stations merged with nearby polling stations.
The polling stations in Cwmystwyth, Blaenpennal and Capel Tyngwndwn in Talsarn will merge with nearby stations.
Eifion Evans is the Acting Returning Officer. He said: “We carried out the review to make sure that polling stations in Ceredigion are fit for purpose and used as effectively as possible.
“We visited every polling station that we proposed in the review, and I am confident that the locations are the most appropriate ones possible for voters and election staff.”
A number of polling stations will change location. They are:
- Aberystwyth Central Ward – Polling station to move from the Silver Band, Park Avenue to The Salvation, Army, Alexandra Road.
- Aberystwyth Rheidol Ward - Polling station to move from the Silver Band, Park Avenue to Harbour House, Y Lanfa.
- Polling station to move from The Old School in Cross Inn near Llanon, to The Old School, Pennant near Llanon.
- The Nursery at Comins-coch C.P. School will be used rather than the school.
- Polling station to move from Ysgol Trewen to Bryngwyn Chapel Vestry.
- Polling station to move from Caffi Sali Mali to Bronant Chapel Vestry.
Another polling station will move from Pisgah Chapel Vestry to Talgarreg Hall subject to approval from the Hall Committee. The polling station will remain in the Chapel Vestry if the Hall Committee does not agree.