Arrangements have been put in place for Ceredigion following Welsh Government’s announcement for Wales entering Alert Level 4.
Ceredigion Libraries are now closed until further notice, including click and collect.
Ceredigion Household Waste Sites will remain open operating normal working hours. Residents are urged only to visit the sites if this is essential and if the waste items can’t be stored safely at home or if it they can’t be collected as part of the usual domestic waste collections. Site rules will be in place to ensure the health and safety of both residents and staff on the sites. They are as follows:
- Vehicles with an even number registration number will only be allowed access on the even days of the month (e.g. 2,4,6,8.10,12 etc.).
- Vehicles with an odd number registration number will only be allowed access on the odd days of the month (e.g. 1,3,5,7,9,11 etc.).
- There will be a strict limit on the number of cars that are allowed to access to the HWS at any one time.
- A maximum of two persons from the same household can leave the vehicle to dispose of waste and assist each other with bigger or heavier items at the site; no help will be available by the site staff to unload any items.
- Residents are only allowed to enter the site with a vehicle; residents arriving on foot will be turned away.
- No reuse of items is permitted – the sites are for the deposit of waste only and residents will not be allowed to take away items from the sites.
- No vans or trailers will be allowed to use the HWS at this time.
- The HWS is for domestic waste only. No trade waste is accepted at the HWS.
- The above are in addition to existing site rules.
Current arrangements for Ceredigion County Council pay and display car parks will continue.
All Council run leisure centres, swimming pools and facilities will remain closed, as well as visits to Council Care Homes, which is in line with Alert Level 4.
There should be no unnecessary travel without reasonable excuse. Travel to Ceredigion for a holiday is not permitted and any visitors already in Ceredigion are expected to return home immediately. This includes those who are staying at their second homes in the county should return to their primary residences.
The best gift this Christmas is a COVID-19 free Christmas. Let’s work together to ensure that we can achieve this.
These arrangements will continue until further notice.
All these services are outlined and updated regularly on our Roadmap for Ceredigion, which can be found on the Council’s website: www.ceredigion.gov.uk/resident/coronavirus-covid-19/ceredigion-covid-19-outbreak/roadmap-for-ceredigion/
Together, we can keep Ceredigion safe.