Libraries across Ceredigion are supporting national Libraries Week 2019 this year by hosting a variety of events between 7 and 12 October 2019
The theme of this year's Libraries Week is celebrating the role of libraries in the digital world. The focus is on how libraries connect communities through technology, develop digital skills and confidence, encourage digital participation and inclusion, support health, wellbeing and education and support local businesses and enterprises.
Many events will be held across Ceredigion Libraries during Libraries Week, including:
- A remembrance evening celebrating the work of famous local poet and writer, T.Llew Jones at Aberystwyth Library on 9 October at 19:30 (WELSH ONLY)
- E-resources drop-in sessions at Aberystwyth Library (7 & 9 October at 11am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm), Cardigan Library (8 October at 11am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm), Lampeter Library (10 October at 11am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm) and Aberaeron Library (11 October at 2pm – 4:30pm).
- Opportunity to try a Virtual Reality headset at Aberystwyth Library on 11 October at 11am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm.
- Opportunity for Children to meet T-rex at Aberystwyth Library on 5 October between 10am – 10:30am, 11:30am -12pm.
- The Winner of the Video Competition for school pupils will be announced during the week.
Councillor Ray Quant MBE is the Cabinet Member responsible for Library Services. He said, “Yet again this year, Ceredigion Libraries are celebrating National Libraries Week by hosting a variety of events to suit all ages. It’s very reassuring to know that Libraries are spaces that are welcoming, inclusive and have multi-purpose facilities that can be of benefit for all.”
Follow Ceredigion Libraries on Facebook or their website for information and news on events.