The Ceredigion Community Grant Scheme is open for applications with the intention of increasing the range of opportunities, facilities and activities in the county.
Grants are available to Community Groups, Community Councils or voluntary Leisure and Sports Associations who want to improve and increase the range of facilities, activities and opportunities in Ceredigion. Appropriately constituted voluntary non-profit associations will also be eligible to apply for assistance.
Applications will be considered by Ceredigion County Council for projects that have not started or events that have not yet been held. This includes revenue projects such as association maintenance costs, or capital such as improving the existing facilities of a building. Policy grants are available such as money towards local Eisteddfodau.
Councillor Clive Davies, Cabinet Member for the Economy and Regeneration, said: “It is good to see Community Groups, Community Councils and Leisure and Sports Associations applying for grants. Improving and increasing activities boosts our communities and Ceredigion's economy. We look forward to seeing the improvements take place and the activities being held.”
These are the recently completed projects:
- Upgrading the heating system at St. Tydfil Church, Llechryd
- Creating secure off-road parking area for the Ysgoldy Goch community hall, Cwmystwyth
- New windows and doors in Llanddewi Brefi Village Hall and Playground.
Councillor Gareth Davies, Cabinet Member for Finance and Procurement Services, said: “It is important for these groups and events to have financial support to ensure our communities flourish in Ceredigion. If you fit the criteria, go for it and apply for the grant.”
These projects were funded at the beginning of October 2022:
- Remove the chimney and upgrade parts of the roof to prevent water from entering Mydroilyn Church
- Upgrading the windows of Nanternis Church
- Support towards the purchase costs of HAHAV's existing centre which is Plas Antaron
- Upgrading and work on the windows of Capel Bethania, Cardigan.
The application pack and further information about the Ceredigion Community Grant Scheme page.
Image: Secure off-road parking area for the Ysgoldy Goch community hall, Cwmystwyth
Top right image: New windows and doors in Llanddewi Brefi Village Hall and Playground