Feminine Hygiene Products
There is a substantial stock of feminine hygiene products that we would like to make accessible to women and girls in our communities during this time of lockdown. These products were delivered to Ceredigion before we went into lockdown, and therefore have not been regularly distributed. All Family Centres, Schools, Food Banks and some third sector groups have also received these supplies.
If you know of women or girls in your communities that are in need of these products, a community group can contact Porth y Gymuned by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01545 574200, whereby we can supply you with a stock of products that you can distribute within your communities.
Grants and Assistance for individuals in need
Grants for support groups
Guidance for Community Venues
- Update for Community Venues 26 August 2020
- Update for Community Venues 02 October 2020
- Update for Community Venues 20 October 2020
- Update for Community Venues 09 November 2020
Information about the Community Venues panel
WCVA Guidance for Community Centres reopening in Wales
Risk Assessment and Checklist Template
- Downloadable materials are available on the Supporting Ceredigion's Economy page, under 'Downloadable materials'.
Keep Communities Connected - Virtually
If you run a community group, weekly class or informal book club, it is worth considering taking your group online.
Many people are now setting up “virtual Community Groups” to keep communities connected. There are lots of different platforms you could use.
We have put together a few step-by-step guides for some of the most popular platforms:
- WhatsApp – this digital app, mainly used on smartphones, allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media - WhatsApp Instructions
- Zoom – this is one of the most popular free software applications worldwide. It is used for telecommuting, distance education, and social relations, many people use it for business conferences but it can also be used to catch up with family and friends, it is free to use for up to 40 minutes at a time - Zoom Instructions
- Google Hangouts - Hangouts allows conversations between two or more users. The service can be accessed online through the Gmail or Google+ websites, or through mobile apps available for Android and iOS - Google Hangouts Instructions
- Skype - This is a telecommunications application that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smartwatches over the Internet. Skype also provides instant messaging services. Users may transmit text, video, audio and images - Skype Instructions