COVID-19 Gold Command
The Ceredigion County Council COVID-19 Gold Command meets weekly with sub-groups meeting daily to discuss the developments of Coronavirus and how best to deal with the developing situation.
The Group continues to meet and work with partner agencies including Public Health Wales to respond to the pandemic.
Pay and display Council car parks
Ceredigion pay and display council car parks are free until further notice.
All the latest information about Council Tax in Ceredigion can be found here on the Council Tax pages.
Ceredigion Leisure Centres and Swimming Pools
Pre-booking is essential
- You must to book your session in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with telephone bookings taken daily and at weekends in accordance with Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool opening hours.
- There will be a strict “no walk in” policy - all sessions must be pre-booked.
- All fitness sessions will be booked on the hour and will last for 45mins. Do not turn up more than 5 minutes before your booking time.
- Hand sanitising stations are located at the entrance and around all centres for you to use.
- You are expected to complete a short health questionnaire / data capture form upon arrival and at each subsequent visit.
- The dryside changing rooms will remain closed for the foreseeable future, so come prepared and dressed ready to exercise / train and leave in the same clothing.
- Bring pre-filled water bottles as drinking fountains will not be available to use initially.
- All Leisure Centres and Pools will be cashless centres and only card payments will be taken.
- Fitness equipment will be spaced out to allow social distancing and the number of people in each class / session will be lower.
- Music volume in classes will be kept lower so that the instructor does not have to project voice loudly, in accordance with guidance.
- Personal gym towels are permitted.
- We have an enhanced cleaning regime and you are encouraged to use the disinfectant wipes provided.
- You must respectfully follow the social distancing measures put in place to protect all users and staff.
Aberystwyth Farmers Market
Aberystwyth Farmers Market has not resumed. Information regarding its re-opening will be issued here.
Cered: Welsh language initiative
Cered are currently offering online activities but no face to face activities. You can keep up to date with their activities on their social media pages.
Ceredigion Archives has not resumed its service.
Ceredigion Museum has not re-opened. Information regarding its re-opening will be issued here.
Any service user who has needs that are deemed to be critical based on their assessment will continue to receive appropriate support at home during this period. If a service user or related family wishes to discuss this further, they are welcome to contact the Council on 01545 570881.
All council libraries have reopened on a click and collect basis. The Mobile library service is available, but only as a delivery service. There will be no access to the vans themselves. The contact number to arrange a delivery is 01970 633717.
Public Health Wales are undertaking a review of virtual delivery and will be developing with WLGA a phased plan for return to more a normal delivery.
More information can be found here: http://www.ceredigionactif.org.uk/gp.html
The Theatr is temporarily closed until further notice.
Tourist Information Centres
Ceredigion Tourist Information Centres are currently closed.
For information about what services we can offer at present and how to make an appointment click here: https://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/resident/births-deaths-marriages-civil-partnerships/
Residential Homes - Visits to all Care Homes in Ceredigion have been temporarily suspended.
Staff in each Care Home across Ceredigion are tested for COVID-19 every fortnight, in line with government guidelines and positive cases have been confirmed in two independent Care Homes in the Aberystwyth area. Currently no residents have tested positive but they will continue to be closely monitored.
We are providing support to staff and residents at the Home, following guidance by Public Health Wales. The individuals involved are being supported by the Ceredigion Contact Tracing Team.
The Council has taken this measure in order to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all our residents, staff and the public in unprecedented and ever-changing times. Looking after our care home residents is of paramount importance to us, therefore visits will be temporarily suspended.
We understand how difficult this may be to relatives and residents, and they will continue to be able to communicate via telephone and video conferencing/skype calls. We are extremely grateful for the co-operation shown by staff, care home residents and members of the public as we take every step to keep Ceredigion’s residents safe and well. We are also grateful for the cooperation of the private care homes who have also temporarily suspended all visits.
30 minute slots can be booked from through contacting Clic Ceredigion Customer Contact Centre.
- Call 01545 570881
- or email email@example.com
Housing Service Adjustments: New temporary measures relating to housing have been introduced by the Governments of the UK and Wales. Read more here: Coronavirus: Housing Service Adjustments.
Ceredigion County Council is endeavouring to make payments as normal during these challenging times. Whenever possible priority will be given to the small businesses, organisations and individuals that rely on regular payments from the Council for example, those in the care and transport sectors. Payments-related enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.