The aim of the project is to support economically inactive parents across Ceredigion into education, training and employment, where childcare is their main barrier.
We will engage with customers on a voluntary basis to establish realistic and achievable goals to improve skills, tackle low confidence / self-esteem, whilst looking to overcome any barriers they may have enabling them to move closer to sustainable employment.
- Lone Parents, on Income Support and Employment Support Allowance
- Parents in workless households on Employment Support Allowance
- Parents in workless households on Jobseeker’s Allowance (aged 16 to 24 years only)
- Coupled Parent where only one parent works.
Parents on Jobseeker’s Allowance aged 25+ years and participants of the Governments Work Programme are not eligible
Customers will be given one to one support in variety of areas, helping them to remove any barriers and support their search for employment.
- In work “Better Off” calculations
- Help to get on-line
- Create email account
- CVs/interview skills etc.
- Self-Employment advice and guidance
Funding is available for childcare to support customers undertaking activities such as
- Voluntary work
- Work Trials / Work Experience
- Attend training courses to update skills
Support is also available to remove barriers moving the customer into employment i.e.
- Tools and Equipment
- Transport costs
To find out more about Parents, Childcare and Employment (PACE) via an informal chat with an advisor, please ring