What we do
Flying Start is an early years program funded by Welsh Government to support families to flourish. We have now adapted all our services to be delivered either face to face, in groups, online or by phone during this period, as COVID 19 Guidance allows:
- Early Years Health Service. Our Early Years Health Team consists of Health Visitors and Family Support Workers who can offer intensive support when needed . Health Visitor Hub number: 07970 501 609
- Funded sessional Childcare of the highest quality for children aged 2 - 3.
The childcare is provided within a setting of your choice for 2 and a half hours a day, 5 days a week for 39 weeks of the year.
- Parenting Support through 1:1 work or in local groups.
- Support to develop children's talking, language and communication skills through 1:1 support or a group to nurture skills and awareness.
Who do we support
Normally, Flying Start is available for every eligible family that lives within a Flying Start Postcode area, which are:
At present all our online groups and courses are available to families across Ceredigion.
For more information on all of our groups and courses you can:
- Type #CeredigionFlyingStart or #Under5Ceredigion into the search bar on DEWIS.
- Find our Facebook page - Teuluoedd Ceredigion Families.
- Phone us on 07812 487 823 or 07816 086 595.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Flying Start head office is currently closed. Please contact us via Facebook, email or mobile phone and we will get back to you as quickly as we can. Staff are generally available and working normal office hours from their homes. Please see Facebook for further contact details.
To find out more about how Flying Start could help your family, follow the link to this Welsh Government Flying Start video.
Please click below to look at our useful leaflets which have been recently developed by our Speech and Language Therapists. The leaflets are full of top tips for helping with your child’s early talking and listening skills:
For more information on Flying Start Ceredigion please visit: