To apply for the Childcare Offer you will need to complete an on-line application form.
Parents, guardians, step-parents and co-habiting partners will all need to meet the eligibility criteria in order for a child living within that household to be able to take up the offer.
Please note the application form does time out. Please complete it in one go, it is not possible to save it and come back to it at a later point.
This application is for the Childcare Offer - CHILDCARE HOURS ONLY – to apply for the Foundation Phase Nursery (Early Education) hours see the Nursery Admissions on the School Admissions page.
You are required to provide the following evidence in order to prove your eligibility for the offer:
- birth certificate (long version) or
- birth certificate (short version) with proof of parental responsibility
- Proof of address – Latest Council Tax Bill or an utility bill dated within the last 3 months
- Last three months’ pay slips for all applicants
Your application will be processed much faster if you are able to attach your evidence to the application.
- If you are self-employed please provide a copy of your most recent self-assessment Tax return form known as SA103
- If you are a relatively new self-employed person you will be required to provide proof of your Unique Tax Reference number from the HMRC
If you are uncertain as to what evidence is required or you are having trouble with the application form please telephone 01545 570881 or e-mail email@example.com and we will assist you with your enquiry.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS APPLYING IN AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2020:
Parents who would have been eligible for the Offer in the summer term (children who turned 3 between January 1st and March 31st, 2020), but who missed out on a full term because they had not started taking up the Offer before the pandemic, will be able to take up the Offer from the start of the autumn term, if still eligible. Applications for these children will be open on Monday August 10th.
- If families had already been accepted for the offer previously, the Ceredigion Childcare Team are in the process of contacting parents for their updated information. Parents do not need to complete the whole application again.
- Parents who had not applied previously will need to complete a full application.
Parents whose child becomes eligible for the Offer from the autumn term (children who turn/turned 3 between April 1st and August 31st, 2020), will be able to apply from Wednesday 9th September and can take up a funded place once Ceredigion Childcare team has processed their application following eligibility checks. Parents of autumn term children will not be able to apply before the 9th September.
Summer term children (Children who turned 3 between January 1st 2020 and March 31st 2020) - Applications open August 10th
Autumn term children (Children who turned 3 between April 1st 2020 and August 31st 2020) - Applications open September 9th
Note: If a parent makes use of childcare before their application has been approved, the parent is liable to pay the costs of the childcare and any childcare funding cannot be backdated to account for the period before an application is approved.
If your income has been affected by Covid-19 and you are unsure whether you are now eligible to receive the Offer, please view our What if I have fallen out of eligibility because of Covid-19? document for more information.
Other Local Authorities
Visit Carmarthenshire Family Information Service for more information on childcare in Carmarthenshire:
If you are a resident in Carmarthenshire please use this link to apply for the Childcare Offer:
Visit Powys County Council website for more information on childcare in Powys:
If you are a resident in Powys please use the following link to apply for the Childcare Offer:
If you are a resident in Pembrokeshire the offer will begin in April 2019. Please visit the website for more information on www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/the-childcare-offer-wales.
Please use the following link to apply for the Childcare Offer: