We collect and use your personal information so that we can administer and provide you with Adult and Community Learning courses.
The legal basis for the processing of your information is to comply with our duty under the Learning & Skills Act 2000 and the Welsh Government’s Adult Learning in Wales Policy 2017 to provide suitable education facilities for people over the age of 16.
The basis for processing special category (sensitive) personal data about you is substantial public interest, on the basis of the Data Protection Act 2018 Schedule 1 Part 2, ‘Substantial Public Interest Conditions’ 6 (2a) and 12 (1). With respect to our provision of digital communications to you, processing is conducted on the basis of your consent.
If you do not give us the information we need when we ask for it, this may result in you not being able to enrol on our courses. We might also not be unable to obtain the funding we need from the Welsh Government to provide you with the course that you want to study.
We collect the following types of personal data about you to deliver this service:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- National Insurance Number
- Surname at 16
- Date of birth
- National identity
- The last school you attended
- The year you left school
- A unique learner number (created by the Learning Records Service)
- Criminal convictions and offences; etc.
Additionally there is data about you which is defined as special category data. Providing this data is optional and will include;
- Disability type
- Health condition
At point of registering for or booking a course, our service requires that text messaging and emailing are used for administration and communication, where mobile phone numbers and email addresses have been provided. You can opt out of this arrangement at any time, by contacting staff at the Learning Centre or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To deliver this service, we collect personal data directly from you and may receive information from third party organisations in connection with training events we are providing for you on their behalf.
Your information will not be transferred outside the United Kingdom.
We only share personal data when there is a need for us to do so and we provide the minimum data necessary in each case.
We share your information with:
- Her Majesty’s Inspector of education and training in Wales.
- Welsh Government (for funding purposes)
- If you are studying towards a qualification or credits, your personal data will need to be provided to the relevant awarding body for accreditation.
- If we are providing training for you on behalf of a third party organisation, we will need to share your information with them.
We share your information internally with:
- Our tutors within the service.