Aids & Adaptations

If you need advice on aids and adaptation so that you can continue to live safely and securely in your home, the following Agencies and Services may be able to help:

Care & Repair

If you are aged 60 and over, the Agency can provide free advice and support to help you carry out necessary repairs and adaptations to your home. They will visit you in your own home to discuss what you need, the possible solutions, the likely costs and help identify sources of funding. They will also carry out a home safety check to ensure you are safe in your home i.e. by installing smoke alarms.

They also deliver the Rapid Response Adaptation Programme (which is funded by the Welsh Government) providing repairs and small adaptations for people who are in hospital but require adaptations before they are discharged, have recently been discharged from hospital or are at risk of being admitted to hospital or into a Care Home.

Telephone: 01970 639920

Mid & West Wales Fire Service

The Service provides a Home Fire Safety Assessment and is committed to reducing the number of accidental home fires across their area. They can offer lots of helpful information and advice on how you can prevent fires in the home, what to do if a fire should break out and the services available to support you in protecting your home from the risk of fire. They can also install a free smoke alarm.

Link to website: At Home - Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service

You can request a home fire safety assessment for either yourself or a dependent relative by contacting the Service on 0800 169 1234.

Ceredigion County Council

If you require larger adaptations because of your illness or disability you can request an Occupational Therapy assessment from Social Services. There may be grants available but these are means tested and you will be offered a financial assessment. You can find out more information here:

Community Occupational Therapist

If you would like an Occupational Therapy assessment please telephone Porth Gofal:

Telephone: 01545 574000

The Council can also help with repairs to your home such as a broken boiler, leaks or electrical issues via a grant or loan. Please click here for more information