Ceredigion Social Services are committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing, independence and life opportunities for children (under the age of 18) within Ceredigion.
We recognise that due to various reasons, a family may need some extra support at times – this support may be short or long term. Our Teams will work with those families that are in the greatest need and where there is a risk to the child’s welfare or safety and can include work with:
- Children with disabilities
- Children at risk of harm from neglect, sexual exploitation, abuse
- Children whose families require additional support in caring for them safely
- Children who can no longer live with their birth family or carers
- Children who are caring for others for example, a family member
- Children who are in trouble with the police
We work closely with a number of agencies including schools to provide advice, assistance and support to families.