Ceredigion Governor Forum serves a valuable purpose in as much as:
- they provide an opportunity for governors from every school to form a professional network and share good practice from their own governing bodies and schools
- they are a vehicle for discussion of the latest education developments in the LA and the education sector nationally
- they provide a mechanism for governors to become fully engaged with officers of the LA to improve school effectiveness and learner outcomes; and
- they are an effective ‘sounding boards’ for Governors Wales, the LA and the Welsh Government to consult on strategic and policy issues affecting schools, governance and the quality of education provision
The Membership of The Forum shall comprise a nominated member of every school governing body from all maintained and nursery, community, foundation, voluntary aided, voluntary controlled and community special schools within the LA.
Number of Meetings:
The Forum meets at least three times a year (once a term).
Contents of meetings:
Speakers and LA officers are invited to speak on topical issues, which provides governors with an opportunity to challenge strategic thinking and add value to the discussion on topics that have a bearing on the school’s academic performance.
Typical agenda items could include:
- Topical issues (LA Officers) e.g. performance data, school development plans, categorisation of schools, support and challenge matrix etc.
- Updates from LA, Governors Wales, ERW etc.
- Training and Development – discussed, developed, evaluated and reported back
- Bronze Quality Mark Award
- Break-out sessions e.g. family of schools break-out into forums to focus on performance
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
An AGM will be held during the summer term, to elect association officers such as chair and vice-chair, as well as reviewing the constitution and terms of reference.
Details of forthcoming meetings:
- 07/02/2018 @ 18:30 - Aberaeron Primary School, Aberaeron, SA46 0BQ