Have you received any new electronic or electrical goods as a Christmas gift? Do you need to get rid of unwanted electrical items? In January 2018 Ceredigion County Council will be working in partnership with European Recycling Platform (ERP) to offer a free waste collection for electrical items as part of the domestic bulky waste collection for all residents in Ceredigion.
Councillor Ray Quant MBE, Cabinet Member for Waste said, “The Council has been working with ERP for a few years to recycle the county’s waste electrical items. Additional funds from ERP means that the Council can collect the electrical equipment free of charge fo a limited period of time. So whether you’ve treated yourself to a new TV for Christmas, and need to dispose of the old one, or just need to get rid of your old fridge, give the Council a ring to book your free collection.”
Residents will need to ring 01545 572572 to book their free collection before the 31 January 2018. Free collections will not be applied if the collection is booked via the online bulky request service.
There is no limit on the amount of electrical items that can be booked.
All electrical items that are booked for collection will need to be itemised.
Below is a list of what is accepted as part of the free collection of electrical items:
• Appliances (dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, oven, microwave etc.)
• Fridges and freezers
• Small electrical items (Hair dryer, kettle, toaster, hoover, razor, blender, toothbrush, straighteners, cameras, mobile phones etc.)
• TVs and Monitors
• Lamps and light fittings
• Children’s toys (must be operated by battery or plug)
• IT equipment (desktops, laptops, tablets, video games consoles) Please not it is the resident’s responsibility to wipe any confidential information from item before collection.
• Batteries (AAA to D, button batteries, car batteries) batteries should be bagged or boxed together.
Bulbs and light tubes will not be accepted for collection, but they can be taken for recycling at your Local Household Waste Site.
The free collection is not available for Traders and Businesses.