The county’s libraries will partially reopen safely this month by offering customers a click and collect service.
From 22 June 2020, people will be able to order and collect items from Aberystwyth, Aberaeron, Cardigan and Lampeter libraries.
The click and collect service means you can order books online, or by calling the libraries, and then arrange a time to collect the items.
However, it is not possible to reopen the libraries fully so you cannot browse the books, use the public computers, print or photocopy. Therefore, you should only visit the library to use the click and collect service.
How does the click and collect service work?
• You will be able to request books by searching our online catalogue, or by speaking to us by phone.
• We will pick your books from the shelves and place them in a labeled bag which will be left untouched for a 72 hour quarantine period.
• We will contact you to arrange a time for you to collect the items.
• You will be given a 30 minute time slot to collect the items, and we will allocate only three people to each 30 minute slot.
• You can return any books you currently have on loan when you come to collect your new books.
• Only one person will be allowed inside the library at any one time. If more than one person arrives at the same time, we ask that you wait outside the building, observing social distancing.
We envisage that the click and collect service will last for at least three months, and we will assess the situation regularly.
During this time we will not be levying fees or fines, so any item with a charge, such as a DVD, talking book or CD, will be free. We would still like our books back, but there won’t be any fines for late returns.
We also aim to enable the mobile library service to resume on 22 June, focusing solely on providing service to our housebound customers.
• Please do not come to the library if you have not booked a slot.
• If you miss your slot, please contact us to arrange another one.
• Obey the social distancing guidance, and don’t leave the house if you have any coronavirus symptoms or if you are shielding.
• You will be provided with a bag, and should use that bag exclusively for your library visits.
• You can reuse the bag when you come to get more books.
You can start requesting books online immediately. Or, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone your local library from 22 June 2020.
Local library phone numbers, along with the online catalogue, is available on our website.
Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions about the service.