Residents of Ceredigion are being reminded that during Alert level 4 lockdown, people must stay at home except for very limited purposes. People must neither visit other households nor meet other people they do not live with.
Ceredigion County Council along with partner organisations are concerned that the level of traffic on our roads is far higher than would be expected during Alert level 4 lockdown, which is in place across the whole of Wales.
The daily number of COVID-19 cases in Ceredigion remains high but stable. However, we have not yet seen what impact there has been from our ability to mix households on Christmas Day and the number of cases may yet increase.
We’ve all had a difficult year and we are keen to see 2020 come to an end and look forward to 2021. But now is not the time to celebrate. There is optimism as the vaccine is rolled out, but the number of cases in our communities remains high.
Do not invite people to your house to celebrate New Years’ Eve this year and do not mix with other households outdoors. No party is worth the risk.
These restrictions mean that there are very few reasons when you can leave home. These include:
- for work, if you cannot work from home
- to obtain supplies and services for you or your household
- to access childcare and education
- to access medical or public services
- to provide care for a vulnerable person
- to move home.
You can leave home as often as you like to exercise with members of your household or support bubble. However, exercise should be done locally to your home and should not require travel.
We must all play your part. Remain vigilant and remember to follow the guidelines:
- Follow social distancing rules with people you don’t live with or who are not in your support bubble.
- Wear a face covering (if you are able to) in all indoor public places.
- Stay at home.
- Do not create an extended household (single adults or single parents may join with one other household to form an exclusive support bubble).
- Meet only the people you live with or your support bubble indoors.
- Meet only your household or support bubble in private gardens.
- Meet only your household or support bubble outdoors.
- Work from home if you can.
- Do not travel without reasonable excuse.
- Do not travel internationally without reasonable excuse
- Self-isolate immediately at the first sign of any COVID-19 symptoms and arrange a test immediately, only leaving home to get tested. A test need to be booked online or by phoning 119.
Stay apart to play your part. By doing this, we will be protecting the health and wellbeing of our most vulnerable, including care services for the elderly and those whose medical conditions make them particularly at risk from COVID-19.
Together, we can keep Ceredigion safe.