A Cabinet portfolio reorganisation was announced in Ceredigion County Council’s Annual General Meeting on 18 May 2018. The announcement was made by the Leader of the Council, Councillor Ellen ap Gwynn.
No change was made to the membership of the Cabinet. The new Cabinet portfolios are as follows:
• Councillor Ellen ap Gwynn (Leader of the Council) - Policy and Performance, Partnerships and Democratic Services
• Councillor Ray Quant MBE (Deputy Leader of the Council) - Customer Contact, Legal and Governance, People and Organisation
• Councillor Dafydd Edwards - Highways and Environmental Services together with Housing
• Councillor Rhodri Evans - Economy and Regeneration
• Councillor Catherine Hughes - Children Services and Culture
• Councillor Gareth Lloyd - Finance and Procurement Services and Public Protection Services
• Councillor Catrin Miles - Learning Services and Lifelong Learning
• Councillor Alun Williams – Adult Services
Councillor Ellen ap Gwynn said, “We have a strong team of experienced and capable councillors serving in the Cabinet to provide the best possible outcomes for Ceredigion after years of severe cuts imposed on the Council. The new distribution of Cabinet portfolios will ensure a close and effective working relationship between the Cabinet members and Council staff.”
The reorganisation follows the completion of the first phase of a Council restructure. The Cabinet portfolio reorganisation has sought to closer align Cabinet portfolios with the new structure of Council services.