Ceredigion's Health, Social Care and Wellbeing partnership is pleased to announce that 18 local groups have received funding from the Well Being Activity small grants scheme.
These groups include:
- Cylch Meithrin Borth, Cylch Meithrin Penllwyn, Cylch Meithrin Aberbanc and Cylch Meithrin Llanfarian - Start up cookery kits and cooking materials
- Jig So Children's Centre - Early interventions & health improvement
- St Padarn's Playgroup - Skill builder set
- Ystwyth Community Transport Group - Widen service of community transport for outpatients
- Llandysul Family Centre - Self development course – to deal with stress, coping strategies for mental/emotional wellbeing
- Lampeter Family Centre - Outdoor and exercise equipment
- Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids -Focus on Food training
- Gofal aThrwsio Ceredigion - Assessments focussing on falls prevention
- Aberystwyth Women's Aid - Alternative Therapy Project
- MHA (Hafan y Waun), North and South Ceredigion Residential Homes Physical Activities Groups, Tai Ceredigion and Ceredigion Day Centres Physical Activities group - Extend training
- The Wallich Solutions Service - To establish a rough sleepers group providing sleeping bags/mats, clothing, food, homeless packs etc
- The Wallich Access Service - Provision of diversionary activities
The successful applications demonstrated how they would contribute towards improved health and wellbeing in the county as part of Health Challenge Ceredigion.
Councillor Gethin James of the county's Health and Wellbeing partnership stated 'We have been overwhelmed by the response to the grants scheme, and it is unfortunate that we were not able to assist all those who applied. The standard of applications was high and I am delighted that we have been able to assist these local groups in their work as they seek to improve health and wellbeing. I look forward to receiving feedback from these successful groups over the next few months as they implement their projects.'
For further information contact Gaynor Toft – 01545 574128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org