A Ceredigion County Council Gold Command group continues to meet and work with partner agencies including Public Health Wales to prepare and respond to this emerging situation.
The following service areas are closed until further notice:
- Aberystwyth Farmers Market
- Cered, Welsh language initiative
- Ceredigion Archives
- Ceredigion Museum
- Day Centres: Any service user who has needs that are deemed to be critical based on their assessment will continue to receive appropriate support at home during this period. If a service user or related family wishes to discuss this further, they are welcome to contact the Council on 01545 570881.
- Leisure Centres and Swimming Pools: No monthly Direct Debit payments will be collected from Ceredigion Actif members until further notice. There is no need to cancel your Direct Debit. Ceredigion Actif will place a freeze on all accounts until the Centres and Pools re-open.
- Libraries: There will be no fines for late books to Ceredigion libraries for three months.
- Mobile library service
- NERS activities
- Pay and display car parks
- Theatr Felinfach
- Tourist Information Centres
Other service areas information
Housing Service Adjustments: New temporary measures relating to housing have been introduced by the Governments of the UK and Wales. Read more on our Coronavirus: Housing Service Adjustments page.
Ceredigion County Council is endeavouring to make payments as normal during these challenging times. Whenever possible priority will be given to the small businesses, organisations and individuals that rely on regular payments from the Council for example, those in the care and transport sectors. Payments-related enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the Government’s latest announcement on 23 March 2020, birth registration appointments are now deferred until further notice.
Please be advised that a claim for child benefit or universal credit can now be made prior to the birth being registered. Further information can be on the Government Claim Child Benefit page.
We wish to reassure you that we will continue to undertake death registrations at our Aberystwyth and Aberaeron* offices until we are directed otherwise. Registrations will strictly be by pre-arranged appointment only. Please telephone 01970 633580 to arrange an appointment.
*The Aberaeron office will temporarily be relocating to Neuadd Cyngor Ceredigion Penmorfa from 23 March.
Visitors to Council run Residential Homes: All visitors to the Council run Residential Care Homes stopped until further notice.
Staff, including those in Schools, Unit Resource Centres and Care Homes are provided with advice, guidance and, where appropriate, protective equipment and safety products.