Pupils (Primary and Secondary) will be expected to wear a face covering on school transport. Following the Welsh Government's announcement on 26 August 2020, we ask parents/guardians to ensure their child has a face covering in their school bag in case they will be asked to use it (secondary schools only). Individual school risk assessments will ask pupils to wear the cover if there are occasions when pupils are beyond their contact groups and when social distancing is not possible. It should be ensured that pupils have a 3-tier face cover.
To read further FAQs, go to: Reopening Schools Safely
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to eligible pupils who attend schools, on a full-time basis, which are under the jurisdiction of Ceredigion Education Authority. To find out more and apply for the scheme, visit this page: Free School Meals.
Information for children and young people
- Digital Resources for children (HWB)
- Looking after your mental health and well-being during the Coronavirus - 7 steps for children and young people
- Mental health and well-being video for children and young people
- Animation for children on 'The Covid Convo'
- Animation for teens on 'The Covid Convo'
- Information Hub for Families and Children by the Children's Commissioner for Wales. Included is a range of age-appropriate advice and guidance, some learning resources, fun activities and also a FAQs section. The content is updated daily so remember to check back in.
- Ceredigion Youth Service website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Information for parents and guardians
- Information to parent/guardian in Ceredigion on what to do if your child or you are ill during the period of the coronavirus
- 'My Child is ill'
- 'Play your part' - what to do
- 'When to test'
- A guide for parents: what to do if your child needs to self-isolate.
- Don't send your child to school if they have Covid-19 symptoms.
- Home to school transport
There are 86 community play areas in Ceredigion, 85 are owned or managed by Town and Community Councils or Community Groups, so the decision to reopen the play areas lies with them. One is owned by Ceredigion County Council, which is Netpool in Cardigan. The play area in Netpool will remain closed for the time being.