If you enjoy walking the Ceredigion Coast Path and would like to support the hard work that goes into maintaining this world-class route and landscape, you can now help by contributing to our Donate a Gate scheme.
There are over 200 individual items of furniture such as gates, bridges and signposts along the Ceredigion Coast Path; please contact the Rights of Way Team to discuss your preferred item and location (contact details at the bottom).
On receipt of a donation Ceredigion County Council will inscribe a personalised plaque to be placed on the item of your choice, giving you the option to dedicate in memory of a loved one, as a gift to someone special, through your company/organisation or even in your own name.
Gate on the Ceredigion Coast Path
Key details about the scheme:
- The donation amount depends on the item of furniture and its location. The following are amounts per item of furniture (see the terms and conditions for further information).
Signposts (timber posts only)
- The donation will be for a 10 year period.
- As part of the donation each applicant will be offered a personalised plaque that the Local Authority will affix to their item. The brass plaque measures approximately 6x2 inches. If the item of furniture is renewed during the 10 year period the plaque will be placed on the new item.
- At the end of the 10 year period donors will be contacted to see if they want to continue with the donation for another 10 year period
- Ordinarily only one plaque will be placed per item of furniture and will be located on the item following discussions between the individual/business/organisation and the Local Authority (see terms and conditions).
- The following wording is available for the plaques:
- ‘Dedicated to……(insert name)'
- ‘Donated by….(insert name of individual/organisation/company)’
- A full list of terms and conditions can be found on the application form.
Alternatively you can return it via post to:
Coast and Countryside Section
Cyngor Sir Ceredigion
There are a variety of ways that payments can be made; cash, cheque or credit/debit cards. Discuss this in advance with a member of the team to confirm which way is the most convenient for you.
Our general approach is to minimise the amount of furniture on our Coast Path and only to locate benches at the most appropriate locations. Over the years we have had many requests to install benches at popular locations along the path, the regularity of such requests means that that we have to turn down some in the past. To avoid disappointment we suggest that those wishing to commemorate a loved one look at our “donate a gate” scheme as an alternative to donating benches.
For more information on the ‘Donate a Gate’ scheme contact the Coast and Countryside Team by calling 01545 570 881 or email Countryside@ceredigion.gov.uk