Flying Start is a Welsh Government initiative which aims to provide more support and opportunities for families with children under the age of 4.
The 4 core services provided are:-
- Early Years Health Service
- Parenting Support
- Early Language Support
More details of these services can be found in our information booklet.
We have now adapted all our services to be delivered either face to face, in groups, online or by phone during this period, as COVID 19 Guidance allows:
- Early Years Health Service. Our Early Years Health Team consists of Health Visitors and Family Support Workers who can offer intensive support when needed. Health Visitor Hub number: 07970 501 609 ( 9.am - 5pm, Monday to Friday, no weekends or bank holidays, please note this service can’t accept texts).
- Funded sessional Childcare of the highest quality for children aged 2 - 3. The childcare is provided within a setting of your choice for 2 and a half hours a day, 5 days a week for 39 weeks of the year.
- Parenting Support through 1:1 work or in local groups.
- Support to develop children's talking, language and communication skills through 1:1 support or a group to nurture skills and awareness.
Normally, Flying Start is available for every eligible family that lives within a Flying Start Postcode area, which are:
At present all our online groups and courses are available to families across Ceredigion.
For more information on all of our groups and courses or to contact us you can:
- Phone us on 01545 570 881
- Email - email@example.com
- Find our Facebook page - Teuluoedd Ceredigion Families.
- Type #CeredigionFlyingStart or #Under5Ceredigion into the search bar on DEWIS
To find out more about how Flying Start could help your family, follow the link to this Welsh Government Flying Start video.
Please click below to look at our useful leaflets which have been recently developed by our Speech and Language Therapists. The leaflets are full of top tips for helping with your child’s early talking and listening skills:
For more information on Flying Start Ceredigion please visit: